• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Favourite plant species

John Starkey

Hi all,i just wondered what two plant species you would have in a new setup,myself personally in my new setup i will design something around H-Pinafitida and P erectus,i just love these two plants,and i think they are quite easy to grow and seem to do well in my 60ltr nano with just 22w,

john.

I'm another fan of Hygrophila pinnatifida but if I had to choose an absolute favourite it would Cryptocoryne wendtii and its many sub-species/varieties.

I reckon you could create a great aquascape using them alone in a variety of tank sizes with a wide selection of lighting/nutrient combinations. A truly versatile species that rewards with so many different leaf shapes, textures and colours. :D

Hmmm, bolbitus for me. And fissidens fontanus, when it's not growing algae, both absolutely beautiful plants.

choices choices ... My two favourites are anubias - esp. Lancelotti - and mosses. But they're quite big groups and probably breaking the rules a little bit! For two more specific choices i've jrt used Marsilea Hirsuta and Myriophyllum Mezianum for the first time and found them both to be beautiful plants

hmmm this is hard!

p.helferi or some kind of moss, maybe japan string moss or xmas moss.

Back