• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Favourite fish

I know it boring but for the last 18 months I've really enjoyed my white cloud mountain minnows. If they were rare and 20 quid each I think lots of people would lust after them.
They were rare and expensive once;
From Tropical Aquariums, Plants and Fishes by A. Lawrence Wells 1937;
"Shortly before the 'Neon' (now known as Hyphessobrycon innessi) appeared, another fish, known by the delightful title of White Cloud Mountain Minnow, held sway. This in turn had stolen the thunder of a previous high-priced favourite, the Pompadour Fish, otherwise Symphysodon discus. In a year or so these three fishes, although still admired for their undoubted beauty, may be among the ordinary rank and file as regards price, etc.

Glowlight tetra in numbers tend to stay together placid and look well with more vivid cousins Neons and Cardinals. Lemon or Diamond and gone back to Black Widow tetra lately. All of these kept with Corys.For a splash of movement with good colour Gold Barbs

Not boring at all,I recently got some Tanichthys micagemmae which I've been after for a long time and they're lovely fish.
They’re great, when the males fully mature they develop long fins. Pretty spectacular when they display to each other.

Cheers

My philosophy is a fish should at least be able to swim his on body length >15x from left to right and 10x front to back up and down. Thus anything larger than 3 to 4 cm is cramped up, out of perspective and can't be happy in the mentioned dimensions. Not sure if I'm right, it's hard to judge true happiness in fish but it looks and feels best for me personally. :thumbup:
Hi @zozo and Everyone,

On the matter of optimum tank size, I always find the information on the following site to be useful:

JPC

Last edited:
Back