• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

False Julii Corydora Help

HypeBuce

Hey guys! I just bought back some Julii corys into my 60P and after a few hours a couple of them started floating? Still alive but they float up like a balloon when they stop swimming. Any ideas for causes and remedies?? Don't want to lose these guys!

I apologise if this is the wrong sub forum.

Sorry I can't help, but just to say they are sensitive when they arrive. If they get through the first month they tend to do well. But I have lost 3 as juveniles. Usually I'd suggest a flukes treatment, which I now give them automatically when they arrive, but this doesn't sound related. I hope it resolves. Do you mean they float up to the surface in an uncontrolled way.

Sorry I can't help, but just to say they are sensitive when they arrive. If they get through the first month they tend to do well. But I have lost 3 as juveniles. Usually I'd suggest a flukes treatment, which I now give them automatically when they arrive, but this doesn't sound related. I hope it resolves. Do you mean they float up to the surface in an uncontrolled way.

Thanks for the help I'll look into that. It's as though they are full of air, they can swim down to the bottom and swim seeking but when they stop moving they float upwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, so just for some more info. These were bought from a local fish shop so didn't ship overnight? They were ok until you transferred them to the tank? How were they transfered?

Just trying to rule out constipation and swim bladder disorder first and see if it was something physical.

Sounds as if they just gulped to much air somewhere in the journey from lfs to your tank. Normally problems with cories swim bladders keeps them on the bottom and you can help by placing them in shallower water. Glad it resolved itself quickly, probably with a good burp.

Back