• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Failing Suction Cups

frothhelmet

I have a Dennerle Corner Filter (Eckfilter) internal.

https://www.google.com/search?q=den...SJoX28QOq3ZWtBw&ved=0CFcQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=657

It is quiet, has great flow direction and strength customization, doesnt suck up shrimps, but is a little hard to clean. My major issue with it at the moment is that I do not place it in the tank corner, where both rows of suction cups can grasp, but in the middle of the back pane for aesthetic reasons. Given that only 3 suction cups have purchase on the tank rather than the full 6, it is constantly coming unstuck. At first it would only take about a week for it to become unstuck, but now it happens within a day of me resticking it.

I have only had this filter for about 4 months, is there anything I can do to improve the ability of the suction cups to work? Do I need new suction cups? Any and all ideas welcome.

Interesting Ideas thanks guys. For this tank I really like the neodymium magnet suggestion, as its permanent and I can make them as strong as I want. I will remove the suction cups and glue the magnets in place. I will look on ebay for some magnets.

Hi
The magnets will eventually rust...so its best if you embed them into the suction cup and cover them with a smear of silicone.Obviously remove with a stanley knife the suction part of the cup.
hoggie

Back