• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eyeball

bumfuzzle

Seedling
Hi all,
I'm amazed at the photography here. Lot of talent. Been lurking for the past few months since I set up my first planted freshwater. Not a newbie to photography but still learning lots. Would appreciate any critiques good or bad. For this shot I used the canon 100mm macro with 32mm of extension tubes on a tripod. No flash. The shrimp was at the bottom in the corner. Even with ISO at 1000 and f/4.5 my shutter speed was still 1/5s. Luckily the shrimp sat still for the most part but sadly it was moving it's front appendages which would have been cool to see.

shrimp_low.jpg

Thanks all! I was a reefer for 10 years that just switched so I'm still new to fresh (tanks been running for 3 months). These little shrimp are fascinating. Every once in a while they go into idle and sit perfectly motionless. Thankfully :) I noticed this one has eggs. I have a lot of ground cover and know most will be eaten by my fish but with no extra care could they survive?

Back