• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Extreme fishing-Robson Green

glenn

just finished watching this weeks program and in next weeks it showed him catching a massave (35lb+) red tailed catfish!

juat show how big these fish rely get and made me wonder why they are still in the aquarium trade when they get so big and un-keepable.
allthough i was reading in pfk about a guy who kept one in a 'made to order' tank that was huge with bullet proof glass and when his died i think it was around 15lb if i remember right :lol:

its on monday night (suprisingly :lol: ) i rely like it but find him abit 'ott' just sometimes 😛 .

it is good fishing though i wish i could fish in places like he does and not where i fish for a change. :lol:

you should, i fish every weekend and im a 'kid' as such, fishing has gave me a greater understanding of fish overall.

SteveUK said:
I wish I could fish! I haven't fished for years, not since I was a kid. Would love to get back into it 🙂
Fishin rocks, I'm not a big player like John "the shark" Starkey or Saintly but I can hold my own, staring at a float is second only to staring at a good planted tank.

i never knew John Starkey and Saintly fished, i have kept my fishing quiet since i joined the forum as i though the two hobbies would clash and cause uproar on a forum such as this :lol:

glenn said:
i never knew John Starkey and Saintly fished, i have kept my fishing quiet since i joined the forum as i though the two hobbies would clash and cause uproar on a forum such as this :lol:
Not in my world, it's a grey area i suppose.

John is supposed to be the business, i've never seen so much tackle 😉 and apparently Saintly could give him a good run for his money. I say a UKaps Match Day, in the midlands and i've got John and Saintly on my team!

Count me in for the beginners category :lol:

I posted on a previous thread last year, but I need to dig out all of mine and my brothers fishing gear from my parents loft. I seem to remember us both having 10ft graphite rods at some point. (ooerr :lol:)

fishing contains the same make up as fish keeping...science/Art/Technology and nature

to cast is an art
fishing tackle, rods, reels, bite alarms is technology
Science - many good anglers study the water, study the seasons ,study the weather and learn as much information as possible about the carps movements in different situations..
man.. i love fishing...🙂

cheers, Alex
ps..(robson green is an idiot watch matt hayes/john wilson and my fav "passion for angling"..lol

passerby* said:
ps..(robson green is an idiot watch matt hayes/john wilson and my fav "passion for angling"..lol

i agree rebson is a bit ott...and i do watch mat hays but i cant stand john wilson...he bursts out laughing at every thing he sees and does. yeah passion for angling is amazing...filming is so good and chris yates & bob james are legend's.

Back