• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Product Review External Turbo CO2 Reactor Diffuser

Vazkez

So I bought one of those for my DIY CO2….

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271433803149?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Short story:

Forgot about nano ceramic diffusers this is a great item highly recommended specially for DIY CO2 users, however if you want to use it with external filter you have to make a adjustment to it.

Long story:

This is the new design of the Ista Max Mix reactors. The item came in original packed, however I was expecting much bigger unit (something like the old Ista large Mix Max reactor).

I wanted to hook it up to my external filter ( 1400 l/h ), however this reactor (I think) is made for eternal pump as it has connectors for hose size of 12/16 mm.

So when I came home and try to hook it up obviously the hose on my external was too big. However I came up with idea to put 12/16 mm hose on the connectors and then put hose of my external 15/20 mm on top of it. This fitted nicely and I do not have any leaks or sucking air.

For such a small unit the reactor performing just unbelievable great. With 4-5 bubbles / second I can not see any bubbles coming out of my spay-bar. PH dropped in no time and my plants start to pearl AGAIN :)

It does not seems to slow to flow of my filter much what was scarred off.

Also I love the bracket which came with this reactor as I can stick it to the side of my external filter. Very cool indeed :)

Overall highly recommended item as I said never had such good CO2 level in my tank before :)

Vaz

Sounds just what i need too:)

I've just paid for it too. Look forward to a bubble free tank.:)

I am very interested in this.
Vazkez, do you think you could possibly get some photos?

Hello,

So I made two pictures and a short video,

Reactor:

2rrkjrn.jpg

How I conected:

35jiexf.jpg

Short video:

If you look closer you can see the micro bubles rotating inside till they fully disolve to the water.

Sorry for the huge and crap pictures.

Vaz

Yes It does but nothing what you can notice too much... Not like air pump or like that.

If you will have it inside of your stand you will not hear it at all.

Vaz
Cool thanks.
If only I saw is thread last week I would of got 2. Im using the new model of the up brands from co2art. Works great but its a 7up in my tank :)

Cool thanks.
If only I saw is thread last week I would of got 2. Im using the new model of the up brands from co2art. Works great but its a 7up in my tank :)

Yeap I wanted to buy that one but the nice person reply that it's only for internal and I wanted external so she/he uploaded this one for me :)

Such a nice ppl working there :D

Vaz thanks very much for the photos and video. I didn't realise it was so big!

Looks great, shame there isn't a larger hose diameter version, think I would be too concerned about drop in flow.

Looks great, shame there isn't a larger hose diameter version, think I would be too concerned about drop in flow.

It's not slowing my flow a lot but I do not have much media in my filter as I running the internal as well.

You could try the older version which has external filter hose diameters.

Vaz

Just ordered a bubble counter too.:) cheers.

Sorry twin post I'll stick a pic up shortly:mad::)

Back