• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

External Heating Options

pat1cp

Hello,

I've "aquired" a Eheim Ecco Pro 300, which I believe has 12mm ID tubing. Searching for inline/external heaters that I could use with it have thus far drawn a blank.

I'm a bit of a noob and any tips would be appreciated.

Can't find the hydor heaters in the UK. All coming up as unavailable. There's one on ebay, but it's for 16mm hose.

Are 16 to 12mm reducers available?

Hi
Jbl pro temp inline heaters, think they come with a selection of hose adaptors
cheers

Yes indeed they do. They are just like the Sunsun ones but more expensive. Probably with better quality control.

I have been using the sunsun ones for couple years both eh-300 and eh-500 and they run fine. The temperature is 1 degree off from the display temperature to tank temperature but I just set it 1 degree higher.

They come with 12, 16mm and 19mm adaptors for both sides.

They are a bit finicky so I wouldn’t change the adapters too much since that can dislodge the temperature sensor.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Been thinking........what about a cheap filter with a heater. I'm running an Eheim ecco and I could add one of these.....

Slightly more expensive than an inline heater, but not much, and you get the additonal filtration thrown in.

Anybody see a flaw in my plan ?

No flaw, but having had 3 of these I can tell you they are prone to leaking eventually. They will last a good while but dont expect 5 years or more from these. I have one that is now 7 years but since I just use it for heating and inline diffusion I dont clean it often, but I have another on my nano that leaked at the heater first after a few months and later (like a year or so) from the rubber ring as well, and a new one after that leaks a bit from the ring after every cleaning after 8 months. It stops leaking after a bit and the pump is quiet and cheap, but its no eheim or jbl. Oh and on the first small one the heater died, replacing it probably lead to the leakage. Long story short quality isnt great but they work fine other then that.

Back