• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

External Filter. This Is A Wierd One. Can U Help?

Dan-CR4

Before I start, I will say the only external I have had before the below ones was an aps 1000ef.......

I bought two filters the other day and installed one yesterday and after a few hours it switched itself off, So I replaced the head unit with my 2nd one and that worked fine, so last night I re-tried the first one and it was working, again a few hours later it switched itself off. so at 10pm last night I put on the 2nd units head and all was fine and at about midnight I went to bed leaving it running, got up this morning at 7am and it was still running so thought the first unit must be faulty.... So I emailed the company telling them the 2nd unit is fine. but the first seems faulty :woot:

10 minutes ago the 2nd unit has switched itself off. So im going to leave it and see if it switches itself on again. has anyone got a cannister/external unit that does this, is it normal, seems wierd to have both units doing the same thing.

The units I got are the same as this one.....http://www.novaeuro.com/?a=produkty&opcja=show&idprod=74&idkat=4&idpodkat=14

They are rebranded differently but are the same.

Update : Unit just switched itself on again :crazy: so was off for 10 minutes

I haven't got masses of experience with externals but the ones I have (all eheim classics) never shut themselves off. Seems an odd thing for a filter to do :? Why not email the company and see what they say about it and if they say this is normal for this filter, find out what the reasoning is behind it.

Viv

hey Dan, some Superfish filters do the same, they switch themselves every 24 hrs, for air lock relief (not sure how long for though). Does it say they do anything like this in the instructions?

hinch said:
fx5's do that every 24h of operation they turn off for 2 minutes to let gas build up out
Not sure its in the same league as an fx5, but would be nice to have a feature of a filter I cant afford. :lol:

ianho said:
hey Dan, some Superfish filters do the same, they switch themselves every 24 hrs, for air lock relief (not sure how long for though). Does it say they do anything like this in the instructions?

The only instructions was bad translated english but I got them at a good price, so was not expecting much.

well since it shutoff at 11am this morning for 10 minutes then switched itself back on, it has stayed on and been fine. I emailed Aquanova who also do this filter to see if its a feature or a fault, but its working fine part from that and am so far impressed with the flow. a few of my fish are loving swimming in the flow as you know aps 1000ef are not the strongest of flows so my fish are treating the new filter as a new toy. :crazy:

Back