• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

External Filter for 100L tank

widow-maker

Any recommendation for a external filter for high tech 100L tank? Fluval 207 1150L/H seems alot but im reading it should be 10 times tank turn over.

Thanks

Fluval 207 might be too little flow, its only 780lph. You should be looking for a 407.

If you go to George Farmer's youtube channel and check out his Aquascaper 600 setups (99 litre high tech), he uses a Biomaster 600 which is 1250l/hr. The youtube video above shows the typical amount of flow in his tanks. Do note that if you have a lot of hardscape blocking flow, you may still need supplementary pumps to avoid dead spots.

I have a 106 L and increased from a Fluval 107 to a 307. I don't regret it. I can turn down the flow. It's silent. It does lack a pre-filter but requires cleaning less often than the 107. I have it with a spray bar just under the surface, along the length of the tank, so that the jets of water are not splashing, but do create a strong upper level current. So far the Peacock Goby and Sparkling Gourami are OK. The corys love it. I have a long low tank and I think the choice between a 307 and 407 could depend on depth. I also have a sponge filter just to add the benefits that brings.

I have an Oase bio master thermo 350 on my 100l with glass pipe work and it works just fine, keeps the water crystal clear and the pre-filter is a godsend..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back