• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Extension lead for timers

EA James

Hi all,
I’m trying to find an extension lead that can fit timers in side by side. My standard leads are too close together so I’ll have to have gaps which I don’t like (looks messy!!) or have another two leads in the cabinet which I don’t really want either.
Is there such a thing? I’ve had a brief look but can’t find what I want

cheers

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/smart-plug/kp303/
Depends how many timed outlets you need but this gives you an easy option for 3.
I've been using the single ones for a couple of years now and they've proven reliable, I now have a couple of these and seem just the same but 3x individually controlled.

Other options available but tried and tested from my point of view.

I've been using the single ones for a couple of years now and they've proven reliable
Been using the singles for year too, never failed me yet and can control them with Alexa too or integrate them with Home Assistant!

From the link you sent went to see all the plugs and noticed the new slim KP105 now need to buy some of those!! lol

@Andrew Butler Thanks for the link, so are these are pretty much leads with timers built in? Controlled remotely?
Seems perfect but quite pricey
Not really if you consider that the strip give you 3 timed sockets with WiFi control and the ability to run scenes, ie several actions at once all for the price of £29 on Amazon at the moment.

Not really if you consider that the strip give you 3 timed sockets with WiFi control and the ability to run scenes, ie several actions at once all for the price of £29 on Amazon at the moment.

Yes you're right there i suppose but I've already bought the timers. What i really wanted was a lead that has the sockets a bit more spaced out so that i could fit timers side by side. Never mind
Cheers

Look for an extension tower. Surge protected and sockets are angled so timers fit side by side. Usually double sided so 6 - 10 sockets and some have usb sockets also. And stand up inside cabinet so bonus drip protected

around £15 on amazon

Yes you're right there i suppose but I've already bought the timers. What i really wanted was a lead that has the sockets a bit more spaced out so that i could fit timers side by side. Never mind
Cheers
I purchased this one and it's great, funny enough I brought it for my TP-Link wifi plugs for under the tank so I can use 4 timers!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391627527396

Hope that helps!

How it looks under the tank!

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-24 at 20.23.05.jpeg

The timers would never fit on the above power strip!

@Andrew Butler Thanks for the link, so are these are pretty much leads with timers built in? Controlled remotely?
Seems perfect but quite pricey
They are exactly that, just 3 smart plugs individually controlled in one. Controlled using an app (even away from the home) or as has been said Alexa etc.
The single version which as @LondonDragon says are a bit fat; I used a switched strip but still quite snug.
(I remember my Energenie where support for it died a very long time ago with windows 8 or something like that but was excellent)

Got one myself this week too 😁😁

Good bit of kit, I'm really pleased with it. I bought 2 cheap digital timers and after about an hour trying to figure out how to set them i gave up, instructions were useless too as i cant read chinese (unless its off a menu 🤣) so i gave in and bought one. Should have not been so tight and ordered one straight away!!

Good bit of kit, I'm really pleased with it.
Yeah it's great and two taps to setup ;) they have a 6 socket version also (which is really the one I want), already available but not with UK 3-pin sockets.
I brought one really just to test it, shame the 2 USB ports are not controllable too! would be great for a couple LED strips or my cabinet LED!!

Back