• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Experiences of Carpeting plants

I like Elatine hydropiper, it has very small leaves, stays low and grows slowly. Whilst it takes a lot longer to fill out than some other carpeting plants it requires less trimming. I'm growing it right now in a high light setup with pressurised co2 but also had it in a lower light tank with no co2 and it did just fine although obviously the growth was slower and the leaves themselves tended to be smaller too.
I don't really understand why this plant isn't more popular.

Is there a way I can better title this thread?
Would adding any different questions to the first post help answer more questions for everyone?

Ohhh hahah sorry I've just woke up! Hahaha
I think it should be okay!:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I don't have any pictures to post andrew but google throws up a lot of results for 'elatine hydropiper aquarium' it looks much the same. Smaller darker leaves in low light, bigger lighter leaves in high light.

I am not sure I really like carpets :O

Their does seem to be a school of growing dwarf hairgrass and get it pearling but I quite like substrate......

I have some Monte Carlo in my shrimp tank which is more of an experiment into how well it will grow in a low tech tank. I have a journal for the shrimp tank and will try and get a photo when I am next back home.

Back