• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Experience with spawning Pygmy Corys?

RustyRocket

Seedling
Hey guys,

I caught my group of 6 Pygmy Corys spawn this afternoon, the female seemed to have placed the eggs on the underside of leaves, but I can't seem to find them. They are in a very heavily planted Fluval edge 23l

There is a female Betta, Amano shrimps and horned Nerite snails in the tank, what are the chances of the eggs and fry survival?

If there's a chance, when should I be expecting fry?

Depending on hiding places, and the eggs surviving the 4 day development, you might get one make it.
23 litre is a bit small though, good chance that the betta will find the eggs.

I don't have pygmy corydoras but I do have a small brood of 5 sterbai corydoras. Iv had an endless streem of 3 females 1 after the other coming into breeding condition they lay the majority on the sides of tank glass, underside of leaves anywhere really. I too have s male siamese fighting fish who does his best to consume all the eggs but never gets them all . Over the past 8 months iv taken at least 15-18 sub adults to my local fish shop. I'd be surprised if u don't get any survivors as long as thier is plenty of hiding places u will be OK. How big are the amano shrimp? iv got cherry because I found the amano too greedy when it came to feeding time. They could be your biggest issue? Good luck nature will always prevail

hmm...maybe I should remove the Betta, but the amano are essential, so might not pull on those. They are about 1 inch at the moment. I've started feeding algae waffers. They went crazy and started eating my Pogostemon Helferi before, hopefully they wont got for the eggs. Thanks for the advice gusy.

Back