• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

European plug adaptor

BarryH

I've waited four weeks for a new Chihiros light to arrive all the way from Hong Kong, now it's here but unfortunately they sent the wrong plug with it. Can anyone advise if it's possible to get some kind of an adaptor that will allow me to use the European plug with our UK sockets?

Thanks for the reply Tim. Do you know if the EU power supply is the same as that in the UK? Is it as simple as using an adaptor between the EU and UK plugs?

The light unit itself works fine, I tried it with the power supply from one of my other Chihiros lights.

Thanks for the reply Tim. Do you know if the EU power supply is the same as that in the UK? Is it as simple as using an adaptor between the EU and UK plugs?

The light unit itself works fine, I tried it with the power supply from one of my other Chihiros lights.
Yes, the power supply is the same, so you can safely run it with a plug adapter.

Tim, Hypnogogia, thanks for the help, I'll order an adaptor. Should be OK until the people in Hong Kong get their act together and sent the right plug.

Thats whats supplied by ehiem on products sold to uk market. Screwed on semi permanent.

For most power adapters you don't even need a converter. If your AC cable detaches from the adapter brick you can just head to a store that sells computer related stuff and get a new cable with the right socket.

For most power adapters you don't even need a converter. If your AC cable detaches from the adapter brick you can just head to a store that sells computer related stuff and get a new cable with the right socket.
Unfortunately, the one one the light I received is one complete unit.
Chihiros Plug.jpg

Thanks for all the help. Really appreciated. I finally managed to get it through to the seller in Hong Kong that they had sent the wrong plug with the light. In the finish I had to send the photo in the post above for them to see it was a EU plug and not one for the UK. Even with all their apologies and promise to send a proper plug, I guess I'll still have to wait a further four weeks for it to arrive.

Hopefully the suggestions on here will at least enable me to get the light up and running in the meantime.

Back