• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EU extension lead

Conger

Hi

I'm thinking of getting my Eheim filters through one of the German warehouse sellers and in doing so am aware that they'll come with EU plugs. Can I just use one of the following extension leads,

Electronic House - 6 Gang / Socket Universal Worldwide: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

or will the voltages be all wrong and blow up the filters? I should know, as I have a degree in physics :) but don't trust myself when it comes to risking my hard-earned cash!

Thanks in advance
Tim

Doh! Had it in my head that they were 110v... and that there should be a step-up transformer in there somewhere!

Thanks anyway!

Why dont u just stick a small screwdriver in a third hole (the one on the top), this will let you to plug it in. Its there just for safety purpouse to lock the two on the bottom with current in.
I know its got nothing to do with safety but it works and I've got it like that for a year now:) Top hole got no electricity in :)

Back