• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Escaping nerites?

TrevC

Hi - I have a 30cm cube nano with just shrimps. I was going to add a few Nerite snails to help with the algae - they seem to do a good job in my main tank. My main tank is rimmed and so escape-bids are very rare. Do people find that Nerites are continually getting out of rimless tanks? I know that they can last many days out of water.

In another post, someone recommended SnailSafe (a grease just below the rim). Horizon and ProShrimp in the UK list it but it seems to have been out of stock for many months. Horizon confirmed to me that they have struggled to get any.

So key questions: do nerites routinely escape rimless tanks and if so, are there any alternative methods to stop it?

thx in advance
Trevor

My Nerite has regularly been found on the kitchen work top, having escaped from the feeding hole on a lidded aquarium. If I forget to put the little cover on, he escapes. I;ve now moved him to a different aquarium and managed to very nearly throw him out on to the lawn during a water change. He's so far survived all of his adventures.🙂

If you send me a stamped addressed padded envelope, I can gift you my leftover Snailsafe.
Fire me a DM if you’re interested. I’m in Ashford, Kent if your local.

Or you can order it from GARNELENHAUS
Delivery to UK is about £9 so will cost £17 instead of £8.50.

Last edited:
Back