• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Escape

Lauris

Hi everyone!

This is my favorite time of the year! It is new project time.
I hope this time I will be more successful, learning the hard way - from my own mistakes.

New tank unwrapped, and now I have about 2 weeks to play with some wood, before new light unit arrives.

Just a brief introduction in few pics:

Replaced my old tank with same size tank. No scratches and the cabinet is 80cm (was 60)
This height will be much easier on maintenance times

25793802486_64a4170128.jpg

Custom made 60x40x40cm 6mm optiwite with cabinet 60x80x40cm

25698909252_ee4f2b08e2.jpg

This time I want to play with some wood. this was thrown in just for now. There is enough time to change things around

25193201693_0be3072896_z.jpg

25793749046_771f3545d3_z.jpg

25793749056_1684f41c91.jpg

Following plants on the list:

Variety of Bucephalandra: Mini catherinaea, Brownie mini, Brownie blue, Brownie purple, Apple leaf, Purple nakamoto, Ghost , Upper ghost, Motleyana, Catherinaea, Pink lady

Anubias: Petite, Pangolino

Moss: Riccardia Moss

If anyone has any suggestions, please share your thoughts,
And thank you for reading :), next updates coming soon

Hi Lauris !! Looking forward to this !!!Subscribed !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

congratulations on the new tank system :D

If you don't mind, who made the new tank & cabinet? I like the custom alcove too ;)

Hi Alto. Thsnks

Cabinet is made by a local chap. He gave a good price for it - I simply could not resist it. I can give you his contact details. (Dublin) :)

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Hi Sasha :)

Glad to hear from you too. I hope you are doing alright.

Light to go with it is ADA Aquasky 602. Should be delivered in 7-9 days.

Has anyone experience with this gravel? Thinking of getting it, but I never seen it in live. Also trying to work my head around if it will fit the scape. no plans for carpet this time. Very few areas will be covered with Amazonia and rest with gravel. Any advice on this one? I'm thinking of mix from S and M size.

uploadfromtaptalk1458158914807.jpg

Has anyone experience with this gravel? Thinking of getting it, but I never seen it in live. Also trying to work my head around if it will fit the scape. no plans for carpet this time. Very few areas will be covered with Amazonia and rest with gravel. Any advice on this one? I'm thinking of mix from S and M size.

View attachment 81449

Never tried it but I seriously considered it for one of my current setups. At least for me, it was a bit deceiving to see in it the LFS, in a tank and also in bags. The truth is that it is a very common standard gravel but at a very high price. The only thing that can be interesting is the 3 available sizes. Other thick sands and gravel from ADA are at least more original, but not this one. I think the standard gravel sold in every LFS is between the small and medium ADA one.

Jordi

Hi Jordi!

Great reply, thank you :)

The different sizes is I'm attracted to. Unfortunately this is the only ADA gravel type that is available locally. My lfs can do a different ones as ADA distr., but then I need to wait until they put a large ADA order together and other online shops just do not have it. Importing it from EU would cost me a bit for couriers too.

Monday or Tuesday I will have delivery for 2kg M size and 2kg L size. If I decide to go for it, will go another bag of LL and small size.

Fortunately my tank is small and I need to cover area only in size of 60×40cm, which is not that expensive

I need some advice on following:

I always used ADA Amazonia and I think it will never change. I have all the bottom powders etc. So I will go for power sand as a first layer in. Would it be beneficial to have a layer of Amazonia under gravel all across the tank? Like if I decide to plant later in some areas covered by gravel? Also I thought it will help to keep powders and powersand down where it needs to be.

The way I thought to set this up is - powders - power sand - powders - 1 to 1,5 in of Amazonia and then gravel..

Would it be worth it or waste of it?

Back