• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Eruption'

These lights are freaking awesome.
Good to hear you are enjoying it :) I messed about with the manual mode to the colour rendition I liked then added it to my programme - when you have tweaked and used it for a few days I'd be interested to see what your percentage values are on Chanel A & B.

I won't tell you what I opted for on mine as it will be good to see if you chose somewhere near the same :)

Good to hear you are enjoying it :) I messed about with the manual mode to the colour rendition I liked then added it to my programme - when you have tweaked and used it for a few days I'd be interested to see what your percentage values are on Chanel A & B.

I won't tell you what I opted for on mine as it will be good to see if you chose somewhere near the same :)

It's really good. Surprisingly good for the money I paid. They're a steal at £400. What a range in spectrum too, really does go from a rich red to almost sea blue colour.

Btw, I'm sorry but mine are going on the ceiling :lol: they are sooooo slimline!

Glad I got some raybans too...

An update on this - well not really an update as I will be taking this scape down this weekend to make way for the next one :thumbup:

I knew this scape would not be a long lasting one, for me it was more about learning about the new tank and kit I had got and the change over from my old Juwel Trigon. Mainly getting used to the LED lights and different flow etc.

I have managed to get my hands on some fantastic pieces of Manzanita wood this week (i think the good lord was looking down on me) also I have decided to suspend my light system from a rail I have had fabricated and finally swap from my G6 filter to an Eheim with built in heater. While the tank is stripped down I also plan a few modifications on the cabinet, mainly for pipe work and so on.

Looking forward to getting cracking on it :)

cannot believe its coming down this has to be one of my favourite scapes on here at the minute really love the beautiful island layout scape but really looking forward to your next scape mate :clap:

Thanks Dean

cannot believe its coming down this has to be one of my favourite scapes on here at the minute really love the beautiful island layout scape but really looking forward to your next scape mate :clap:

Thanks Dean

Cheers Dean, really nice to hear:thumbup:

Shame in one sense mate but great in another as it means another cracking (hate saying that he he) scape youll be throwing up.

Look forward to what you have in store buddy

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks mate :thumbup: I just hope I can pull a good scape off - I have a dozen ideas floating around my head... well have done for the last few weeks :bookworm:

Look forward to it mate!

Cheers Ian, some new CO2 glassware arrived today in the post and the mrs now seems to think I have a major problem! She seems to think I'm very odd in the fact that she has never seen someone so excited about a piece of glass :)

Cheers Ian, some new CO2 glassware arrived today in the post and the mrs now seems to think I have a major problem! She seems to think I'm very odd in the fact that she has never seen someone so excited about a piece of glass :)

I had the same the other day when my new drop checker arrived from apfuk and I agent to cycle to the post office. Mrs couldn't understand why I couldn't wait until after the weekend :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Looking forward to the next one Gary, you going to treat us to any final pics before you take it down ?
Thanks Tim, I did take a few yes so will get them up :)

I had the same the other day when my new drop checker arrived from apfuk and I agent to cycle to the post office. Mrs couldn't understand why I couldn't wait until after the weekend :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I know how you feel mate, they just don't get it do they!? Mind you if it was a designer bag or shoes they would the same I'm sure :)

Look forward to some pics Gary......and then the next scape too :)

Loved this scape, shame its coming down after only 3 months. So whats the plan for your next scape?
Is your next scape going to entered into the iaplc 2014 .....

Thanks Mark - I have the new one set-up (only hard-scape) plants arriving on Friday so will plant up Saturday. My next scape has lots of Manzanita and will have a carpet... I don't want to give to much away yet;) as that's for the next journal.

It depends how it goes really for IAPLC 2014 - I might sneak another one in for that. I feel I have lots of scapes I'd like to try.... but only one tank. I'm trying to get a happy medium on a tank that runs easy-ish but looks stunning.

Its a shame to dismantle such an enjoyable scape, but here's to the next!

Back