• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Enough light?

MarkyP

After my new aquaone sprung a leak whilst setting it up for the first time, i have decided not get another aquaone tank and go for a juwel rio 125, will the 56w of t5 light be enough to grow the following --
pogostemon erectus
pogostemon halferi
micranthemum monte carlo -
alternanthera reinekil ' mini '
various crypts / ferns and mosses
co2 to start at 3 bps, tropica ferts, tropica plant substrate + tropica soil and a large external filter along side the juwel internal

Hard to say :) But Pogostemon erectus is a typical plant showing you when light is not enough. It will lose all it's leaves from the substrate up leaving you with an empty lower stem rather soon. So that's a good indicator to keep an eye on.. The helferi can be a dificult plant anyway and not such a good indicator, i couldn't grow it with whatever i gave it, it always died on me, probablt my water parameters.. Monte Carlo is not such a high light dependend plant and also for crypts and ferns you need not to worry. Mosses depends on which mosses, all do survive in low light but might take ages to grow.
I have no experience with the other mentioned. :)

I think I'll drop the helferi - I have two juwel reflectors on stand by just in case any plants suffer from lack of light

Back