• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Enigma - My 20 gallon madness

NotoriousENG

Just a quick pick or Anubias Frazeri putting up three new leaves at the same time. I haven't had any of my anubias put up so many at once before.
107b069b7380ae816338341579b1bd74.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

NotoriousENG

Did a very aggressive trim on the hydrocoytle today and I can finally see my crypts and java fern again! The hydrocotyle growing wrapped along the full length of the wood is a nice look but it's very hard to control due to its quick growth! As a result, I am suspicious that it has been choking out the other plants for both light and flow. I am also picking up some more plants this week and needed to clear some room for the aroids (bet no one will be able to guess all three genus correctly ;))

fts-10-10-21-jpg.1033895

In other news, I turned up my pump to increase overall flow through the tank and slightly bumped CO2. I also added a chunk of 30 ppi poret foam over the central outlet tube in the cerges reactor. I've been having issues with gas build-up in the cerges during the photoperiod which makes me think I am getting poor dissolution of the co2. However, increasing flow through the cerges just lead to it spitting bubbles that were large enough to quickly reach the surface. With the poret now installed I am able to push a higher flow rate through the reactor as the foam is acting as a bubble trap. I am still getting some microbubbles but I don't mind them.
As always any feedback, comments, or thoughts are welcome.

NotoriousENG

Hi all,

Go on, I like a challenge.
  • Aridarum
  • Schismatoglottis
  • Bucephalandra
cheers Darrel

Close! It's anubias, bucephalandra, and aridarium. I didn't think anyone would guess the aridarium since I've found little information on their cultivation in aquaria. So if anyone has any tips I'm all all ears!

Now that I think about it again, I'm also getting a Crypt. which I believe is an aroid as well. Starting to look like I have a thing for aroids .

I had not heard of Schismatoglottis before. Looks like a pretty neat genus. Might have to try and get some.

I'm supposed to get the plants tommorow and will post pics once I do.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk