• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shallow containers

jamiepearson

An impressively inexpensive (£22, Amazon) mini pond, emersed experiment, using aquarium, pond, house and foraged plants and two mini pieces of bogwood. The MC and dwarf hair grass are looking bedraggled on day one. But easy to get instant impact going above the rim
20220514_180942.jpg
20220514_180855.jpg
20220514_191210.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice, I have one of these I have been struggling to do something with so good to see another one.

What is the grass in the background?

Love the wood, I do hope you are successful growing plants up the centre of each piece. It will link the submersed & emersed parts together perfectly.
Makes my attempts look particularly feeble! 😄

Things stopped very abruptly with this due to a rat gatecrashing my flat. It was not pleasant. All my plants, and this scape, were eaten.

Understandably, 2.0 took a while to drum up motivation. i don't recall the plants other than MC and Flame Moss although it might be Java. Just a few weeks in so not much has grown
20221016_124412.jpg

Here's a mini waterfall from a £10 cork bark piece from the Pets At Home reptile section and an Ikea vase. I chose the piece as it has a nice valley down it. Still to grow in too, but it'll mostly be the MC and moss hopefully being covered by Hydrocotyle Tripartita Mini
GIFWATERFALL.gif

Back