• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Emeresed start up for utricularia graminifolia?

Garuf

Just a quick question, has anyone tried or achieved the dry start up method while using Ultricularia Graminifolia? I know it's possible in principle and I know of two people who've done it but in both instances they're in america and have much much warmer climes than our own, will this affect it at all? I understand that it adapts much more easily when dry start up'd too, is this just that the plants healthier or is it something more scientific?

Also, Does anyone know where I can get some? It appears to be entirely absent from all the usual supplies lists?

Provided your house is warm enough, I see no problems temperature wise. A lot of people with centrally heated houses in the UK don`t bother with heaters in their tanks.

Dave.

A heating cable would be ideal for this use! Put the thermostat in the dry substrate.

i had some in my propergator.
it died, probably from a combination of changing from a submerged form to emersed form + it being my 1st time trying to grow plants emersed so i probably done somthing wrong... :rolleyes:

EDIT: i got mine from TGM also.

Oh, that fills me with hope that, Glenn! :rolleyes: :lol:
I won't be getting it from AE, I need two not 6 pots worth! Cheers for the cable tip, I don't actually own one but I reckon since my rooms always pretty toasty I'll get away with it.

Would it be the usual cling film the top job do you think? What about misting? Would I have to do it everyday does anyone know?

You could try here, on Fluidsensoronline's ebay page. Got some about a month back just to try out and its starting to grow, even with just easycarbo.

Dave

Back