• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eleocharis Vivipara & Dwarf hairgrass going yellow/brown...

Vito

Hey everyone, I recently moved house and and completly replanted. I have had Eleocharis Vivipara & hairgrss in there for nearly 2 months now and when I first added it it was so nice and green now its more like yellow and some brown bits. I just added about 6 Blyxa stems this afternoon because I though more plant mas and I like the plant.

I have a Rio 125 and the plants are mainly at the back no plants in the forground thoe the Hairgrass is creeping closer to the front...

I dose Dry salts that I got from gardens direct.
1/2 tsp KNO3 3x a week
1/8 tsp KH2PO4 3x a week
1/8 tsp traces 3x a week

Presurized co2 (2kg FE) comes on at least 2 hours before lights and off one hours before lights out. drop checker is on limegreen-yellow by the time im home from work.
50% Waterchange weekly

I have 35 Green Neons, 4 Ottos, 5 Redeye Tetras and many cherry shrimp.

I also read on James site that yellow brown leaves are due to lack of Iron, would it be safe for my shrimps to buy some "iron" salts or what ever to dose? and when would I dose with my regeim?

Any advice would be helpful I just want Lush green!

Thanks, Vito.

Re: Eleocharis Vivipara & Dwarf hairgrass going yellow/brown...

Hairgrass hates having its roots damaged, trim it back hard and give it some time. :)

When James did his chemical analysis on the traces, he pointed out that the Garden Direct traces were lower in iron and higher in copper than other traces. I have followed his advice since switching to these and use half the dose of traces and add chelated iron (again from Garden Direct).

Hey everyone, I recently moved house and and completly replanted.
Anytime you uproot and move a plant the delicate tissues in the roots become damaged, hairgrass is the only once I've known to be so fussy about it.

Back