• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EI questions

harry1212

Seedling
Hi all,

I am fairly new to everything in the planted world, posted the other day about algae in the tank, im combating that at the moment. Jumping the gun a little i'm looking to use the EI method in the future mainly to save money on liquid ferts and because I have read others rave about the growth they get etc.

Long story short, im using The Nutrient Company to purchase everything I need and using their calculator to work it all out which is where I need help!

I have entered the details about my tank, 120L and this is what the calculator returned. (please see the pictures below)

First question: does this look like everything i would need to purchase?

Secondly, I am using Jaebo dosing pumps mainly because I am kinda forgetful and like how they do a lot of the work for me, so how do I go about dissolving the mixtures in water? I could manually add the required amout of salts into the tank using the calculator as it tells me in grams but I would like to say make a weeks worth up and then dose in ml into the tank through the Jaebo pump if that makes sense. How much water should I dissolve into and how much in ml do I then add to the tank?

Hopefully that makes sense!

Thanks, Harry

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    40.7 KB · Views: 115
Hi, you can try this! :rolleyes:
Thank you nice app :) I think I have found a way to make it work with my dosing pumps. If i dissolve the salts into say 50ml of water and dose this on the required days I can just add more water (say 200ml into a storage contained and quadruple the salts this would give me 4 doses) then just dose 50ml of the solution a day :)

Back