• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Ehem 2073 for 60L cube?

Spartacus

Hello Everyone,

I woul very much appreciate some advice on a new external filter for my Dennerle 60L Cube.

Will be use solely go shrimps and is heavily planted (See Journal)

It's dimensions are 43cm tall - 38cm width and depth.

I was informed an my flow rate 150lph was inadequate which I understand.

I do not want the shrimps to be stressed out swimming against the rapids but there isn't much leaf movement down at the bottom or in general apart from the top 2-3 inches.

I was looking around studying various options but the Eheims always seem to be favoured (And it's green!)

I need it to be quiet as it will probably sit under my bed.

Was looking at the Eheim 2073 - It's £175 in the UK or I can get it from Amazon Germany for under £120 all in.

It's flow rate is strong but I may invest in Lilly pipes etc so that will diffuse it and I notice it has a flow adjuster lever so that would be great.

When I watched a YouTube video the intake and outtake seemed to be made up of sections so that would be handy given the tank size.

It seems to me to be a possibility I just wanted to run it past those who know 🙂

Any advice welcomed as usual.

Best wishes,

Murray

For such a heavily planted tank a spraybar would be much better and would give even flow across the tank. If you make it from acylic you can alter the hole sizes. Cascade is a uk company that make glass spraybars and inlet/outflows. I think Aquarium Plant Food stocks them.

Hi Lindy,

Thats great thanks so much for your help 🙂

They look really good and should be very handy to have.

Had a look at the filter it seems good but was curious about how I was going to handle the inlet / outlet pipes this glassware seems to be the best way.

Will probably buy the filter soon - It seems to me a layman to be about right for the tank.

Thanks,

Murray

A good filter is a great investment. I wanted filters which used less electricity so went for fluval and then the ecco range. I have the ecco130 on a 30cm cube.

Back