• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Eheim Professionel 3 2073

freelanderuk

i have just bought this filter at a very good price and would like to know if i could run this filter the same time as my UGF till it matures then do away with the UGF, how long do you think it would take to mature before i could run on its own

cheers
chris

It would be a very wise idea to run it with your UG filter :thumbup: I would say 4-6 weeks until you could run it on its own but that varies.

Hi all
i have recieved the filter and its all up and running in my tank with the ugf
30 gal 30" x 20" x 15", this tank has a fitted hood and glass covers
pressure co2,glass diffuser drop checker lime green, (have orderd an in line diffuser,Boyu)
co2 with solinoid on 2hrs before lights start 2hrs before end
2 t8 tubes on for 8.5 hrs a day Changing to t5s
3 ml tpn+ every other day
6 amazon swords
4 dwarf hair grass
4 small vallis
i have 3 small angel,4 albino corys, 1 small beta shark, 2 chinnese algae eaters

i have the spray bar on the smallest side and seem to be getting plenty of flow around the tank, do i need an air pump with air stone

thanks
chris

Hi freelanderuk
freelanderuk said:
do i need an air pump with air stone
You certainly wouldn't need one in a planted tank as it will drive off the CO2 into the atmosphere a lot quicker. Although some surface agitation, (created with your spray bars), is good, as long as it's not too severe.

Back