• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim pro 3 2078 impeller replacement issue

deeproots

Hi All,
So I put a new impeller in as it was getting noisy along with a new shaft and grommets. The problem is the diagram on the package shows the short thin black sleeve needing to fit over the shaft and into the impeller. I followed the diagram and the impeller wont turn as the black sleeve seems to lock it to the shaft which defeats the purpose of the shaft. I've left the black sleeve out for now and its working, however I'm not convinced this is correct or the flow is high enough without this on. The previous impeller had one of these as well but I dropped it when replacing so I've no idea how it fitted. Pics attached of the diagram and the sleeve (both old and new sleeves with the grommets, tried both same issue).

The Eheim website is awful and information available for this model is non-existent.

Anyone got one of these that can shed some light?

Attachments

• IMG_20201108_145926.jpg
    IMG_20201108_145926.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 323
  • IMG_20201108_150021.jpg
    IMG_20201108_150021.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 150
Is there any damage on the shaft that's making it pickup on the sleeve? Does it just feel tight when assembling, or not spin when placed back in housing? Wonder if it will work on when wet and has some slight expansion from the heat of the pump. The manual definitely looks like that sleeve slots inside.

Screenshot_20201113-224654_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, it was a brand new impeller and shaft, I even have a spare which seems to do the same thing even on the old shaft. I can't take it apart again until later this week but thanks for the better diagram, I'll take another look

So - finally took it apart. What a waste of time. Impeller wont start spinning with the plastic thing in there. It wants to spin the whole shaft. Terrible design. It's running fine without.

Back