• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim Pre filters

Gang@Ukaps

A question was asked in the attached thread shortcut regarding Eheim Pre filters.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9776&start=30#p107171

My filter unit was due for its 4 weekly clean out, so I took some picyies + the following description should answer any questions.

The first picture is of the 2080 head unit - as you are all aware the Eheim 2080 has two water intake pipes, the water passes through the head unit via two rigid plastic pipes (circled in red)
Picture059-1.jpg

Picture061-1.jpg

These rigid plastic pipes pass throught the prefilter (circled in red) and the water goes into the prefilter holding tray
Picture058-1.jpg

The water then is drawn up through the prefilter and goes down a channel within the canister (circled in blue)
Picture049-1.jpg

the water then passes through the media and enters a reservoir (circled in yellow)
Picture058-1.jpg

its then drawn into the head unit via the impellor and is returned back to the tank via the centre pipe.

I hope this helps regarding prefiltering.

Regards
Paul.

Aeropars said:
Cheers for that. I was concidering getting a larger filter however which one to get i havent decided. THis seems like a decent feature!

The pre filter works a treat - the picture attached shows Eheim noodles within the canister, these noodles are just over twelves months old and have only rinsed in old tank water - they are as clean as the first day they were added into the canister and these noodles are the first set of media within the canister to have the pre filtered water pass through or over them.

Noddles in canister.
Picture050.jpg

Noddles on there own.
Picture047.jpg

Regards
Paul.

Back