• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim filters

Richard aka Pondguru, says that eheim pro3,4 and 5 series canisters are the worst amongst the filters even behind the chinese generics.....he says that pro series come in cheap and brittle plastic bodies and locking clips. The media trays are poorly made and are filmsy which also have serious manufacturing defects in their design.....the trays get stuck inside each other very often which being pushed for secured fit. The tray handles are ridiculously thin and very likely to snap off should one be a bit rough. There are many eheim users out here , looking forward to receiving their reviews ......as for me, I am a huge fan of their canister filters owing to their quality and innovative technologies.

Hello,
I have been using Eheim pro 4+ (2273) for 7 years, with no problem at all. Very quiet, easy to handle, easy to start. No air burping (which is not the case with the oase biomatser 850 I currently use...). Trays were easy to handle, no adjustment, stucking issues.

I purchased a pro 5 450, a couple of months ago (£15 more than a pro 4), together with the pro inlet and outlet pipes
I also “run” 2280’s and 2117’s, which I have pretty much zero issues with
The new filter is ok, i am using “auto flow” set to max, i did have a problem initially, but this was down to me, i am using pot scrubbers in bottom trays, 30ppm foam in top tray, i had cut the foam too thick, which was causing an air leak
It makes more noise than any if the others, i have put thus down to the dc motor
Overall, so far, all ok, new funky hose colour (never had a problem with green myself), build quality is similar to 2280, its easy to check on (wifi network), si don’t have to “manually” check flow, to determine when to clean
Time will tell 👍

Update, the new filter is almost silent now, however, the constant flow gizmo is (how can i say this politely), rather poor, in that it doesn’t work
I noticed less movement in a large cryptocoryne adjacent to the outlet, on closer inspection, the flow was found to be negligible. The floss was just about blocked, i replaced it and took the opportunity to swap the inlet filter for a new clean one
Prior to cleaning, the filter indicated, that cleaning was required feb2023, it still does
At least it’s consistent 😂

Back