• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

eheim ecco pro 300 priming

darren636

That's it! Another snapped bit of plastic. second hand filter with no instructions on priming etc. Can someone explain how to close these filters without breaking the handle doo-dah? I hate these stupid, needlessly fiddly filters. I'm gonna punch myself in the face with rage. Good day.

I replaced my 2013 with an Ecco 200 recently and I find it to be great, much easier to prime, maintain etc.

Not much help to you really though, maybe you're naturally heavy handed. :stop:

There are videos on youtube that show you how to prime them but I can't access them at work sorry.

Ahh, at least someone can use the bloody things. I'll check out this youtube thing

The videos on YouTube highlight the problem. Their pump heads go on easy, mine needs brute strength to push into place. Maybe dipping the seal area in hot water will soften it up enough. Or new seal entirely

I have one too and love it but had thought to myself that some heavy handed bloke would probably get annoyed and break it :) When the lid is off the handle should be down at the side. You have to push in a wee buttony thing to get it all the way down. When you put the lid back on sit it firmly on top and pull the handle up enough to make the wee button click. Then you have to be brave and open your taps! When you pull the handle up it will draw water into the pump. You then Push the handle into an upright position until it clicks and that will be it locked. Simples:cigar:

Open taps before pulling the handle up?

It snapped whilst Taps/ hose were off getting measured for lily pipes.. The head just won't fit without major hoo-ha

I forgot to open the taps once and spent a few seconds trying to force the handle, it's an easy mistake to make. Obviously I'm well in touch with my feminine side though! :happy:

Got a bunch of spares, here goes nothing!

Ta da ! Now it feels much better. Twice as easy .

Back