• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim Classic 150: what's in the package?

Sergey

Hi guys,

has anybody bought Eheim Classic 150 lately? I wonder what's included in the box: are double-taps included; any bio media as well? The price of Classic 150 is nice, but if I need to buy double-taps and media separately, it goes up pretty quickly, I might prefer Ecco Pro then.

Good question. I’ve just bought a Classic 250 and it included media and taps.

https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/eheim-classic-250-what’s-in-the-box.57889/

If you look at the first picture it has a Red & Yellow Eheim + sticker on it indicating what’s in the box.

I did ask on one of the German sites if these were included with the Classic 150 but got no reply. I should add that it seems that some companies in the UK sell the 250 but make no mention of any extras. I made sure I got one from a company that specifically mentioned the included extras.

Let us know if you find anyone selling the 150 with the media and taps as I may get one for one of my Nano’s.

Just checked Eheims at my local store in Helsinki: their Eheim 150 comes without any media and no taps (it's even written on the box). Eheim 250 comes with both 2 taps and the media (also written on the box). However, for example this shop https://www.aquaristikshop.com/aquaristic/EHEIM-External-Filter-classic-250-2213/221301/ sells the version without any media or taps, yet the front of the box looks the same (the info about the contents is on the back side). Apparently, one needs to be cautious when looking for those on the Internet and double-check the package contents.

That's a bit frustrating, 'cause Eheim 2011 looked very interesting in terms of pricing, but if you add the price of double taps and media to the total cost, it becomes not so sexy ((. Maybe I'll stick to Ecco Pro then.

Yes it’s a shame about the extras. It has been available with taps and media included in some areas like the US. I wasn’t so keen on the Ecco as the output is too high for the tank I had in mind. The Classic is only 300lph whilst the Ecco is 500lph.

Yep, there's also a lot of reviews about Ecco (Pro) having flawed design: the lid lock mechanism breaks very easily even with cautious use, so I'm now doubtful about that one as well. Damn, there's no perfection in the world.

Well, I'm put off by Hydor 'cause there are reviews that they are quite loud. For me, silence is a must: the tank is next to the bed.

Last edited:
Eheim includes all the media and substrates on various promotions
Suppliers ordering same Classic product number can receive either depending on warehouse stock
BUT
I’ve never seen a plain Eheim kit sold in a Promotional Box - I suspect something amiss there

My guess is that if sales need a boost they add the extras and put the sticker on the box. To my mind the filter is not really ready to use without the double taps so I think they should always include them. The Classic range is after all competing with later designs that include quick release hose fittings.

Not yet, still living with my current internal Dennerle filter. It's actually doing pretty good job, and I'd be totally satisfied with it, but I'd like to have an external so I can plug in different equipment and hide it all in the cabinet. I checked Eheim 150 packages from different local stores, but none included the complete set with double taps and media, so it looks like it's gonna cost around 80 EUR buying all the necessary stuff. So I'll hold back for now.

An update on Hydor Prime 10: I can justify that it is indeed loud. I bought one as a maintenance filter, but decided to give it a try. It makes a noise as loud as a computer case from 90's. Certainly not for a bedroom.

To be honest, having read different threads on loud Eheims I'm ready to give up on them and go buy Oase FiltoSmart 100.

It isnt the loudest sound, but I think I would rather go with a HOB filter (also have an aquael Fzn-2) then the Eheim 150 of the tank was standing in our bedroom.

No experience with an Oase.

Back