• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim auto feeder?

Malarky

Does anyone have experience of the Eheim auto feeder (for fish)? Is this a decent product or is there a better alternative?

I use these, i find they work very well with pellet type food. Flake, forget it, as with every other feeder i have tried, the flake gets damp, clumps together, and blocks the feeder
I set the “door” to the position required, then hot glue it to stop it moving

EKOMIXO

Get one of these fish feeders, they have an airline connection that blows air through the food to keep it dry. Mine air runs 22:45 till 2am and every type of food is fine, no clumping and stays dry all the time.

I've just ordered one of these. I already have one but branded Zarco.
Depending how long you're away for many people go without feeding rather than risk over feeding.
I bought the auto feeder for fry that wouldn't survive me being away, so as I have it I might as well use it. To prevent accidental over feeding I roughly halve the amount I'd normally feed over the time I'm away and put that into the feeder. That way even if it dumps the whole amount in one go, it shouldn't be catastrophic. I also set it up a few days in advance so I can check the amount it is dispensing is suitable.

Back