• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim 3e 700 - poor flow rate

gex23

After wanting greater flow / turnover - I replaced my Eheim Pro 3 350 (rated at 1050lph) today with an Eheim 3e 700 (rated at 1850lph) - the flow rate is really disappointing, even set all the way to maximum, it's practically producing the same flow as the 350 it replaced.

Any other 700 owners care to share their thoughts?

As it turns out, if you click the flow to maximum as indicated by the orange led at the top, this isn't 'maximum', you can click it 4 more times to increase the flow rate further.

Just thought i'd add the information in case others face the same problems :)

I've got the 3e 600T which is also rated at 1850lph. I agree that the flow rate isn't amazing.

You may already know this, but the maximum flow rate in "automatic" mode (in which the filter automatically increases flow to compensate for the media becoming blocked) is less than the maximum flow rate in "manual" mode. When I discovered this I switched to manual mode and have never switched back.

Back