• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Resolved! Editing Posts

Just wondering why sometimes you can edit a post and sometimes not? I found another post where you couldn't edit using a mobile phone however I'm on my desktop although the post I was trying to edit was made from my mobile so there appears to be some connection.

Picture attached of what I see.
Selection_018.jpg

Ahh, thanks buddy. Seems a bit of an odd situation, I suppose to prevent people retracting what they said and the thread making no sense I guess. Cheers for the headsup, any idea what the time limit is. I'm doing a post regarding my journal and not sure of a few plant species so was going to edit the first post as I discover them. Best not do it that way then.

The edit function has a time limit I think mate, PM the mod of the respective forum if you need the post edited.
That is correct, you can always edit the first post in case you want to change title etc... but other posts after 15 minutes lock and cannot be edited again (only by mods), this is to prevent people going back and changing original posts and then making threads not make sense anymore.
If you have an issue with a thread you can always ask a moderator to change it, just hit the report button and ask for the change, one of the mods will pick it up.

Reactions: tim
Back