• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Edge of the Jungle

The bulk on the top and some runners too if they don’t grow the way I want to ;)

I don’t know why but mine is yet growing very slowly, it might be po4 limiting.

The bulk on the top and some runners too if they don’t grow the way I want to ;)

I don’t know why but mine is yet growing very slowly, it might be po4 limiting.
Are you talking about the pinnatifida being slow to grow?

I see...mine started throwing shoots to the sides which is what I was after. Not really sure what the secret is with this plant ; so far high flow and co2 along with EI dosing has suited it well!
Didn’t really bother with high light to get it red since I’m catering to the whole tank not just a plant in particular and don’t want to trim every week:)

I see...mine started throwing shoots to the sides which is what I was after. Not really sure what the secret is with this plant ; so far high flow and co2 along with EI dosing has suited it well!
Didn’t really bother with high light to get it red since I’m catering to the whole tank not just a plant in particular and don’t want to trim every week:)

it does seem to like a lot of co2 , light and nutrients but can do without too. Tried it with lot of light and no3 limitation it gets crazy red but the others plants where starving for no3 so I’m back to normal dosage now.
Tried it in my low tech, grows slow , big and green but in the time older leaves gets pinholes.

still can’t grow it as fast as it was at the beginning but as long as it doesn’t get algae , I’m happy. I was getting staghorn algae on old leaves when limiting no3 and blasting it with high light o_O

well, fascinating plant!:)

Pinnatifida sending side shoots like crazy...
Need to trim this soon!
CE8252DB-01BE-4DBA-A058-AAAE5E535191.jpeg

Big trim and water change last night. Had some diatom issues so lowered the light intensity and spent a few hours to clean the tank, including rubbing most of the plant leaves to remove the diatoms.
Removed a lot of the twigs as well; they were turning mushy...
Getting quite some rain the next 10 days so I’ll have a lot more time indoors to enjoy the tank.
Some fish have disappeared, need to re-stock...
44EA848B-CC14-4AFD-981A-F10BB246D87D.jpeg

This tank has been taken down.
A new 60P replaced it to get rid of the scratches and the sump...:)Journal to follow soon!

Back