• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EDEN 521 for 15 gallons tank ?

eminor

Hello, I have a very small filter designed for a 10 gallon aquarium in my 15 gallon aquarium, overall it filters 4 times the volume in one hour. I have the opportunity to have an eden 521 filter (200 GPH) for really cheap knowing that I plan to take a bigger aquarium later, is this a problem, I think i can adjust the flow on this filter, no problem getting a filter way bigger than needed ?

also where to put the co2 diffuser with a spray bar? thx

Hello, I have a very small filter designed for a 10 gallon aquarium in my 15 gallon aquarium, overall it filters 4 times the volume in one hour. I have the opportunity to have an eden 521 filter (200 GPH) for really cheap knowing that I plan to take a bigger aquarium later, is this a problem, I think i can adjust the flow on this filter, no problem getting a filter way bigger than needed ?

also where to put the co2 diffuser with a spray bar? thx
you wouldn't even need to lower the flow. should be fine. I run similar amounts of flow in my 12g

you wouldn't even need to lower the flow. should be fine. I run similar amounts of flow in my 12g
I thought that a filter that stirs 14 times the tank per hour would make the water pass over the aquarium haha, I imagine that with such a flow it will be easier to manage the distribution of nutrients and co2 ?

are fish gonna be ok ? tetra fish and red shrimps ?

I thought that a filter that stirs 14 times the tank per hour would make the water pass over the aquarium haha, I imagine that with such a flow it will be easier to manage the distribution of nutrients and co2 ?

should be fine. yes it helps with very densely plantedtanks. tetra may not like it so much but shrimp will be fine. also you can drill more holes in the spray bar to make the flow less turbulent. or get a spin lily pipe.

I have a 100litre tank with 2400l/hr (published flowrate) total. Some youtubers have done tests on popular filters, the actual flowrate may be up to 50% less than the published flowrate

anyway, here's a thread - there is really no issue with only 14x : Filter experiment to control algae

Back