• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eden 501 help

Rob P

Hi guys,

Been a long time since I posted here so go easy on me!!

I have been running a tiny plastic tank for some time for the sole purpose of keeping alive a couple of fish and plants. I decided on a whim yesterday to get my ADA Mini M up and running again and transferred over the filter, an Eden 501, to the ADA.

I have been using the 501 on the small plastic tank and it worked fine, however, after I moved it across yesterday, cleaned it in the process, and now when I shut off the power the water is siphoning back into the filter and leaking out all over my tank stand!!

Surely it shouldn't do this, as it would do that every time I turn it off for water changes?! (which it didn't before). The ADA is taller than the plastic tank was so there's an extra head of water so to speak, but the filter is placed at the same level as the tank. Pic shown for clarity.

Have I a dodgy seal or something?! Should the 501 be watertight when switched off?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Attachments

• 20170821_213706.jpg
    20170821_213706.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 483
Last edited:
Hello mate and welcome back. Been so long Hope your well

Not sure what is happen with your filter that is wired though. I can't help you there. Maybe someone else can

Cheers
Ryan

Hi Ryan! Yes it has been a looong time lol

I'm good thanks, kids take over as you will know!

Echi tenellus and lileaopsis arrived today to plant the tank up. I think a dwarf puffer may be taking up residence soon :)

The tank hasn't emptied itself yet so hoping a take apart and refit has helped out!

Regards,
Rob

Back