• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ebay plants

Derek113

Does anyone buy plants from ebay? If so, what was the quality/snails like?

I buy them all the time from this seller. Plants are always good quality and no snails as they are tissue cultured.

I've got a few from that seller as well (all in vitro, so the usual smaller size but plenty of potential) and been very happy.

Had a few, not bad. Tend to get more for your money on here / Facebook group as usually just fellow hobbyists looking to offload spares.

I too buy it from the same seller. He's got some good quality in vitro plants.

Hi
If possible l would try and purchase them from members here if possible!
There usually already submerged!
Saying that depends what you want to do with the plants from Ebay!
Emersed....or.....Submerged?
Cheers
hoggie

Hi, I've used that seller and my entire tank is full with in vitro plants I got from him. Very happy with quality and quantity.

I use aquaessentials for my plants. I have nothing but praise for them.

I was asking about ebay as im using large pieces of wood and want needle ferns. Ebay has them but im unsure of quality.

Hi all

My experience with private sellers (eBay and others) is that they are expensive compared to in vitro series from the popular sellers (Tropica, Anubias, etc.). In some cases the quality is also poor and the problem is that you only know about the quantity and quality once you've paid and you've got them at home. At the LFS you can chose and the price is very reasonable for such a significant amount of plants. IMO if you can buy from your LFS, there's no need to go for unkonw eBay sellers. I would say that the exception is when you buy to UKAPS members, and in most cases you have very good plants at a very good price. If you need a good amount of plants, just ask in the Sale section, maybe you are lucky to find someone

Jordi

Lately ordered a Java fern and moss directly from Indonesia, couldn't find it elsewhere :) It came in very nice quality and quantity rather fast arrived withing 10 days also the price was ok, shipping was free. But internet is always a risk and surprice, doesn't realy matter where from. With a plant like java fern nothing much can go wrong, it's a hardy bugger which can take a beating also mosses are quite strong and can survive bad condition for long time.
http://stores.ebay.com/AquaticMagic?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

More delicate plant. sp. dunno if i would take the risk, maybe i would with 1 plant if cheap and ships for free, but with larger or more expensive orders i wouldn't risk it.. :)

Back