• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ebay items not arrived

Garuf

Hello, so I ordered a number of items from china-hong kong and they have not been delivered, i've been expecting them since late february and have been in contact with the seller throughout. There tracking says the parcel was rejected on the 13th of april because I was unable to sign for it, royal mail have no records of any parcel ever passing through their depot and of it ever entering the country and I have never been absent to warrant it being undeliverable.
The seller has now stopped replying to emails and I can't get anything out of them to get a repayment/replacement. What can I do to get my money back? £110 is a lot of money to just go missing willy nilly.

If you paid by paypal log a dispute and they will chase it up for you and give you your money back. Also if the seller isnt replying to messages make sure you leave negative feedback, or at least threaten to and see if that gets them to communicate with you.

Log an eBay or paypal dispute. You have to decide which as you can't do both so have a read of the small print and see which is better for your circumstances. They will work with the seller to get this resolved. I just had similar with a uk seller for a lot less money. I logged an eBay dispute and got my money back 10 days later.

I've used paypal disputes a couple of times recently and had a full refund on both occasions. I would do it asap then wait a couple of days for a response then escalate it to a claim for the full amount, 2 or so weeks and your money will be back in the bank.

I've not been so lucky with Paypal... Lost £200 on an iPod Touch a year or so ago... Paypal were worse than useless... Since then I never buy anything big from E-Bay unless I can collect...

Gareth

You can call Ebay regarding your missing item, I purchased an item for a car phone kit that never arrived so I log a the problem with paypal, various email where flying back and too from myself to seller - then died a death, ebay contacted me and stated that I could contact them via the phone - number attached for you to contact them.

020 8080 2105
(Select option 6 when you call)
Mon - Fri 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat - Sun 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Regards
Paul.

To give a ray of hope, I managed to reclaim some money back via paypal when something I bought off a random pleb didn't turn up. I had to wait a while and then go through the process of sending mediated emails I think, and then after 30 days paypal settled the dispute and gave me a full refund.

Fingers crossed mate!

Been round the houses. Seller replied insisting it's my fault for not being in. I've checked the post office, sat in the head of yorkshires office and had him check everything and they don't even have a record of it entering the country, let alone failed for me to collect it. Very, unimpressed. I'll try and call ebay, thanks for the Link Paul. Steve, I'll check that out if it comes to naught.

I buy plenty of stuff on ebay, had some problems which were resolved pretty well by Paypal, even got a refund for something I purchased from a seller which was fraudulent. Ebay is the way!

Will let you all know how it goes. My experiences with Ebay haven't been great as of late.

Hi Garuf
Where did this item come from?
Did you get a tracking number from the seller?
Did it have insurance?
The local Royal Mail Centre will try and re-deliver your package on numerous occasions.
If unsuccessful they will leave a card.
They will still keep this package for a period of time in-case you are on holiday.
If it is a large package this will be delivered by a RM postal van.
hoggie

The item came from a chinese seller. Advanced something or another. I got a tracking number from the seller but it's only and good for internal deliveries in china, once they're in the uk they're issued a new one and the number becomes void. I don't know if it had insurance, I'd asked for it. I've spoken to the manager of the leeds post depot and he's chased the parcel up, there's no record of it ever arriving or failing to be delivered and there's no way that the chinese post office could claim it hasn't been delivered with their number becoming void and never used in the uk. Btw, I approached Paypal. Still no word back from them. :(

Hi Garuf
I have also ordered 2 glass medium out lily pipes.Total ordered value £36.00.On the 21st March purchased from Aquarium Advanced Store sent from Hong Kong.
Should have had it by now.I have ordered items from them in the past it usually took 4 weeks,but with the Volcano hitting the roof this would probably delay some parcels.
I will give them another week to see how things pan out.You could mention to Paypal Ive also had slow delivery no purchases.
Please keep me posted.
hoggie

I think Gareth Callear must mean gullible idiot in Chinese, the last email contact from the seller told me to wait and see if it arrives, this was 43 days after it should have arrived. After 45 days you have no standing to complain to ebay or to get your money back. Looks like I was played like a total mug. Recontacted the seller requesting a full refund inclusive of postage after a phone call to ebay told me I could do nothing except contact the seller and request a refund or replacement.

So So angry with the whole thing. I don't know how I can get my money back over any of it. I know I won't ever be using the seller again.

you could try and contact your bank.tell them whats happened and demand they get your money back from paypal as your agreement with them was for goods that you haven't received.
they WILL say theres nothing they can do,but just keep hassling them.
can't hurt to try.

Garuf said:
I think Gareth Callear must mean gullible idiot in Chinese, the last email contact from the seller told me to wait and see if it arrives, this was 43 days after it should have arrived. After 45 days you have no standing to complain to ebay or to get your money back. Looks like I was played like a total mug. Recontacted the seller requesting a full refund inclusive of postage after a phone call to ebay told me I could do nothing except contact the seller and request a refund or replacement.

So So angry with the whole thing. I don't know how I can get my money back over any of it. I know I won't ever be using the seller again.

That sucks mate..

I usually do not buy anything out of the UK, even if I have to pay a little bit more, but on the rare occasion I bought something from HK, I told the seller if the item wasn't here in the 1st two weeks I would open a case with Paypal, just in case, as I am aware of the 45 days limit to complain. The case can remain open for two weeks, leaving a whole of a month for the item to reach me.

I'm sure you've done it but have you forwarded the email from the seller to ebay? They surely should recognise (esp with volcano trouble etc.) that you've behaved reasonably and the seller is at fault. I'm off to open an ebay case now on something that's yet to arrive just in case!
Matt

Garuf
Received my parcel after 5 weeks,its far to long.
I did e-mail AAS warned them if it had not arrived by this Saturday 30th.
I was preparing to open a case.
He did return my mail saying could i wait another few days.
So there goes, you pays your money and take your choice.
Suppose I'm one of the lucky ones.
hoggie

You're lucky, I asked for a refund, no reply. I'll be heading into the bank tomorrow couldn't be more disappointed with the seller.

Back