• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Easy life profito

Fred13

Hello,
I have a bottle of easy life profito fertilizer.
It says complete fertilizer but it is not. It lacks nitrogen and phosphorus. However, there are some good reviews about that product.
Anyway, I am thinking of using it at the initial stage, for the first month or so.
What do you think? Shall I also start dosing nitrogen and phosphorus separately or wait and observe ?

I echo @Nick potts advice. Go for a complete fertilizer such as TNC Complete. A fertilizer that claims to be complete (all-in-one) but lacks two of the most important Macro nutrients, namely Nitrogen and Phosphorus (the N and P in NPK...), is false advertising - there is nothing all-in-one about it.

Cheers,
Michael

I think for fertilizers missing nitrate and phosphorus, success will be dependent on higher stocking levels, nutrient rich tap water and/or a rich substrate. Basically, works for some, but I would go with a complete one personally.

I would be using a complete fert, but it will depend on your system. Is it CO2 injected, what substrate and lighting etc
I echo @Nick potts advice. Go for a complete fertilizer such as TNC Complete. A fertilizer that claims to be complete (all-in-one) but lacks two of the most important Macro nutrients, namely Nitrogen and Phosphorus (the N and P in NPK...), is false advertising - there is nothing all-in-one about it.

Cheers,
Michael
I have used Profito in low tech and I find it great.
I think for fertilizers missing nitrate and phosphorus, success will be dependent on higher stocking levels, nutrient rich tap water and/or a rich substrate. Basically, works for some, but I would go with a complete one personally.
Hello,
Thank you for your answers!

The tank will have medium to high lightning intensity ( low to medium for the first month though), inert substrate ( medium grain sand with just some tropica tablets spread on it ) and with co2 injection (up to 30ppm, no limit on this one)
The main limited element would be the light. I might increase the light after the first month.
Since the lightning intensity will be fairly low for the initial stage my thoughts were to use this fertilizer as a starter and then move to complete fertilization.
However, I can always start dosing N and P separately If you find my above strategy insufficient.

I have used Profito in low tech and I find it great.
Sure enough, I don't doubt that is possible. But in that case, you are solely relying in whatever (uncontrolled) buildup of N and P sources from fish and food waste - the N and P has to come from somewhere as they are essential macro nutrients for your plants.

Cheers,
Michael

I had great success with tropica schedule. I am not talking about fertilizers, I am talking about the 90 days schedule. After about 1 week, tropica suggests starting with a fertilizer that contains zero N and P. When the aquarium becomes 1 month old it suggests of starting using a full fertilizer.
It makes sense since you let a cushion of time for the plants to adopt in the new environment.

However, in my case I will use inert sand with few nutrition tablets. So I might start fertilization earlier.

Back