• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Easy dosing liquid carbon

Jocke

How do you dose liquid carbon in smaller volumes? Like <1ml?

Anyone using something else then the measuring cups provided?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I was also going to suggest a syringe . They are cheap enough ...Try your local pharmacy and check the amount graduations ...Ask for a childs syringe .

Your local vet will have 1 ml syringes too.
bd-plastipak-spuit-zonder-naald-1-ml-spuit.jpg

I'm a huge fan of the Glas Luer lock Syringes.. :)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Glass-Syri...hash=item1eb3afd6bb:m:muV9127jO45NrAoQYks3iOQ
Not particularly cheap but for ever lasting if you don't drop 'm on the floor. Also very easy to clean if you use them for fertilization too.

The needle lock also prevents the needle ever falling into a bottle or to the bottom of the tank. Also perfect for spot treatment if you find the blunt longer luer lock needle they come up too 400mm long.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...Blunt+Stainless+Steel+Syringe+Needle&_sacat=0

I use the 5ml version the most, it has a scaling per ml, very easy to take only 1ml if needed.

Thanks guys! I'm actually using these syringes today but would like something even less time consuming. Like a bottle with a pump head that gives about 0,5 ml.

But if I'd like to dose 0,4 ml... Maybe syringes is the best choice

Thanks guys! I'm actually using these syringes today but would like something even less time consuming. Like a bottle with a pump head that gives about 0,5 ml.

But if I'd like to dose 0,4 ml... Maybe syringes is the best choice

Maybe not the place you would regularly look.. But in any warehouse with a beauty/body corner likely sells those body care travel kits also containing small dispenser bottles, for lotions or shampoo, whatever you like to dispense. Anyway all beauty shops probably have them. The last i bought did what you are aiming for 0.5ml p/pump.. But had to buy a complete kit like bellow to get to the dispenser bottle. Maybe 3 or 4 euro's don't actualy remember.
mf+006.jpg

Found these on internet
f3adaad127bf9cb3231ff21878648c3b.jpg

0,1 ml / pump so perfect for my nano and looks pretty good too

Just buy the small bottle of Tropica Premium, use up the traces then wash it out. Each pump is 1.2ml. I have glass syringes but sometimes I find because they don't have a rubber seal and not airtight they can drip out of either end. Looked at the bottle above but wasn't sure how much they would dispense and by time delivery was added they weren’t far off a small bottle of Tropica, plus you get some pre-mixed ferts threw in.

Glutaraldehyde (even stabilized) is photosensitive & should be stored in a dark bottle in a cool dim location
- note that breakdown may not be readily apparent in visual appearance or odour

Just wrapping with tin foil will help significantly

Diluting Glutaraldehyde is similarly not recommended re stability impact, maintain a pH of 4, even trace amounts of iron are contraindicated

Be very careful when pouring form stock containers into other bottles
Glutaraldehyde solutions of 2% and greater will produce severe, irreversible eye injury.

Solutions of 1% glutaraldehyde in water, if splashed on the eye, can cause moderate-to-severe irritation to the eye, which is experienced as dis- comfort or pain, excess blinking, and tear produc- tion, with marked excess redness and swelling of the conjunctiva. Contact can cause minor-to-severe corneal injury that may persist if not adequately and promptly treated.
Copied over from MSDS Glutaraldehyde
I'm always a little surprised that this is not required to be included with all sale bottles

Glutaraldehyde (even stabilized) is photosensitive & should be stored in a dark bottle in a cool dim location

Thanks! Good to know! I have now painted the bottle with spray paint to prevent this

Back