• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Easy Aqua Double check valve

Pinkmummy79

I am confused as to which way round they should go, if it makes any difference?
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/easy-aqua-double-check-valve-p-5666.html
You will see that there is a small rim running round the centre piece as shown in the picture, on the packaging there is a small pic showing flow direction is as it shows in the packaging from bottom to top.
However, on the actual check valve, is a small sticker with an arrow pointing the other way, I have 4 of these and they are all the same so confused nowo_O called AE where I purchased from and they're not sure, anyone use these and confirm if there is a specific direction for the flow of gas from my FE/Reg?

thanks

Have you tried blowing through it ? If you can blow through it then thats the direction of flow if that makes sense

right you'll laugh now then, I ask as i've been having issues with co2 since December! even bought a new JBL reg and solenoid, been running but still not happy with flow and bubble rate being adjusted by the needle valve, using UP inline atomiser 2.5 - 2.75 bar, I can get a steady stream of bubbles then it slows down, even opening the needle valve all the way, I get no constant run of bubbles, this was a week ago and I noticed I had a leak from my easy aqua non return valve...
So I replaced the valve and this is when I noticed the problem, I had fitted the non return valve in the direction of the sticker arrow on the valve itself, not the way the packaging states, so I presumed the stickers were placed on back to front and put a new one on as per the packaging picture, I am still not managing to get more than 2 bps for any amount of time, I've rechecked all my connections, i'm using Neutro co2 tubing, all valves are screw connections, ends of tubing always put in hot water initially to push over valve nipples etc, i've done the soapy water leak tests, nothing.. and last night my co2 ran out
So I have replaced c02 bottle and still unsure about the direction of these little valves, i'll have a blow when I get home later:facepalm: so recently i've had theses little babies on my co2 set up both ways round and managed to get some sort of flow although nothing which I can happily regulate, hence my confusion

that's just a check valve with tube locks on it surly
a double check valve wouldn't work lol make sense it
would check from both directions lol

I suppose the plus side is i've had no water backflow issues!:) I may call the missus and ask her to give my check valve a blow but she might get the wrong idea:wideyed:

Careful with that brand, mine popped after a couple of months.
i've had a 7 hour nightmare today, 3 out of 4 brand new check valves I had in reserve have all leaked from the centre of the units where the two capped ends are screwed together, I took one apart and inside sits a rubber diaphram attached to a spring, this sits on the gas entry side but couldn't see how ther could be sold as double check valves as there's certainly no back up or double check at all, had lock down srews split too, managed to bodge one in the end with ptfe on the joints so at least have a makeshift co2 set until I can order something more robust.

No screw fittings, but the brass ones AE (and online auction sites) sell are good. I have several and have been working fine for ages.
cheers Steve, yes I saw these on AE's site and emailed Richard to ask if they would be suitable for running with high working pressure systems, i'm currently in a mess having found out my UP inline atomiser is leaking today and only been on for a few hours, had to strip down and replace an intank atomiser below my filter inlet for the moment so i'm at least getting some diffusion until I can order some quality reliable items.
I need check valves which dont leak or split and can be used with over 2 bar working pressure without popping off, bubble counter which is both reliable and again doesn't leak (I have easy aqua again, but can't rate them after so many issues and i'm soooo careful with fitting tubing etc, not overtightning locking screws et al) so frustrating. I also need the best way to diffuse my co2, it's either 2 x DIY reactors like foxfish makes, running one from each JBL e1501, or just injecting the co2 directly to the intake line of the filter as mikeapplebey does using the aquamedic reducing T-pieces, I have to do something quick though as my plants are starting to show signs of poor co2 .
These Brass check valves seem one step in the right direction so long as they stay put.
Cheers Steve;)

Back