• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Easy all in one fertiliser ?

Andrew C

Hi I am currently doing a dry start with a 36x22x26 tank and I’m trying to get together everything I need for when I flood the tank.

The tank will be a high tech set up with pressurised Co2 and I’m using Tropica aquarium soil powder.

Plants are going to be a carpet of HC Cuba with some Eleocharis Acicularis and juncus repens.

I’m after an easy fertiliser solution that will hopefully get good results as it’s such a small volume tank cost is not really a factor.

What would you guys recommend ?

Yes, TNC Complete is a sensible choice for a small tank.

The standard low-tech dose is 1ml per 10 litres, once per week. TNC advise that you can triple this dose to give an approximation of EI, but to be honest it’s still a little bit on the lean side. Aquarium Gardens recommend doubling this dose (I refer to this as the “double-triple” dose), and this results in a good, generous EI dose. I used this dose for a while and got good results on my nano tank, with the dosing spread out over the week.

For a larger tank the double-triple dose would probably be a bit expensive.

I’ve now switched to making my own stock solution of DIY salts to give me more fine control over dosing. I’m running much leaner on the nitrate to try and encourage my Rotala wallichii to go a bit pinker. But other than that I’d probably still be using the double-triple dose of TNC Complete.

Yes, TNC Complete is a sensible choice for a small tank.

The standard low-tech dose is 1ml per 10 litres, once per week. TNC advise that you can triple this dose to give an approximation of EI, but to be honest it’s still a little bit on the lean side. Aquarium Gardens recommend doubling this dose (I refer to this as the “double-triple” dose), and this results in a good, generous EI dose. I used this dose for a while and got good results on my nano tank, with the dosing spread out over the week.

For a larger tank the double-triple dose would probably be a bit expensive.

I’ve now switched to making my own stock solution of DIY salts to give me more fine control over dosing. I’m running much leaner on the nitrate to try and encourage my Rotala wallichii to go a bit pinker. But other than that I’d probably still be using the double-triple dose of TNC Complete.
Thanks for the detailed reply, I will give the TNC Complete a go.
Cheers :)

Back