• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dutch inspired 90cm

Jonnywylie

I have been on here a little while now but I've not actually posted anything of my own... I was scaping tanks and ripping them down shortly after as i seemed to get bored of the hardscape too quickly and was more interested in the plants.. so a Dutch tank / Dutch inspired seem to tick all the boxes for me. I would say my tank is more of a collection of plants but will be keeping to the theme and getting a nice layout and shape to things once grown in properly.

Tank is only on day 15 and growing crazy.

Tank - custom full optiwhite 90x50x45
Lighting - chihiros WRGB2
Filtration - fluval 407 with aquael 500w inline heater
Co2 - 2kg extinguisher with fzone regulator ( which will be getting changed at some point )
Tropica soil
2hr aquarist estimative index ferts.

Plant list - so with the current climate it has been hard to find rare / not common plants, so adding things as and when I come across them

Ludwigia sp white
Ludwigia inclinata red
Ludwigia Atlantis
Ludwigia arcuata
Ludwigia mini super red
Ludwigia senagalensis
Pogostemon erectus
Pogostemon stellata
Pogostemon octopus
Myriophyllum tuberculatum
Rotala macandra mini pink
Rotala blood red
Rotala orange juice
Rotala red cross
Rotala Fujian
Rotala bonsai
Rotala wallichii
Rotala H'ra
Limnophila aromatica
Blyxa japonica
Alternathera AR mini
Alternathera rosanervig
Ludwigia glandulosa
Limnophila sp Belam
Hair grass
Eriocaulon Polaris
Hygrophila araguaia
Ludwigia repens
IMG_20210616_172458_resize_57.jpg

The tank looks insane for only 15 days of growth 😍 What livestock, if any, are you planning to put in?
Haha cheers..... Yeah I'm adding live stock. Still doing daily water changes at the moment as soils leaching quite a bit still. I'm probably just going to add nano fish, big shoal of ember tetra or something similar with Otto's and something as a feature fish..not fully decided

Starting to take shape more now. I've hacked it right back today and removed some plants..I had multiple of the same and it was looking messy. Will be replacing them once I get back on top of the diatoms that's reappeared lol
IMG_20210705_222105_157.jpg

Stunning colours and growth, dutch style seems to be coming more popular and this is a stunning example.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Nearly 3 month old now. Battled diatoms for a good 2 month. Horrible things. Finally vanished, Removed the in tank diffuser as it just wasn't doing its job. Started getting BBA in places... Switched to inline and made a huge difference. BBA has gone and everything is growing crazy and finally starting to get the colours.

View attachment IMG_20210815_224248_306.jpg

Back