• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dutch but NOT...

Almost all plants are doing well now I have less light.
DSC01071kleiner_zps40cc1b51.jpg

DSC01073kleiner_zps38c38e5e.jpg

DSC01075kleiner_zps893fd3ac.jpg

Hi Martin, glad to read all the pats are doing well. Let it grow and show us more pictures. Looks promising!

Jordi

Stunning tank martin! This is the kind of layout I always have in mind but never seem to achieve

Hi Martin, Good to here you solved the problem :)

Looking fab again now :cool: In the last photo is that a Buce about to flower :woot:
I'm very happy now with my tank. I guess the little changes I've made paid off (longer spraybar attached to a stronger powerhead, PPS pro nutrients and most of all a whole lot less light), almost no algae, plants are growing great with lush green even the fish and shrimp seem to do better.
The buce on that last picture is just unwrapping a new leave...no flower as of yet.

That's looking great Martin. How do you find the Ista Max Mix reactors? I have the large and medium models. The large model reduces my filters flow by quite a bit..about quarter to half reduction, even with the wheels removed.

Just beautiful work Martin. Was wondering how you solved your algae problems.
I guess it came down on using less light, T5's are so powerful tat just 1.5 tube for 7 hours per day is enough for plants. I also stopped dosing excel and went from EI to PPS pro, as with EI my TDS went from 250 to almost 500 and now it is stable at 240 the whole week. I'm not saying that EI caused algae, but I think with more nutrients in the water, plants are asking for more CO2 than I could ever provide.
How much par do you think you are putting down at the substrate with your modified light setup?
Honustly I wouldn't know how much PAR, but not much as I also have flouters. My guess is that it is just above what low tech tanks use.

Great recovery!
Need more of those closeups though ;) - that Buce photo is one of the nicest I've seen.

Can't help but wonder though if summer is the best time for a restart - isn't that also when it's hottest?

I never thought I would say "I'm jealous of someone else's bubbles"
Great pictures its hard not to peek into others posts makes me want more plants LOL!

Have been busy on the salt water tank and while resting on the floor I looked up at this.....
20150520_202343_zpsxj4e3cmu.jpg

20150520_202402b_zpseqjrdae3.jpg

Sometimes looking at your tank from a different angle gives it a whole new feeling....I am in love with this few, you can find me more often on the floor now.:D

Back