• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dupla Armatur Pro Regulator to Co2 fitting thread needed

Deano3

Hi everyone I need help big clown (andy) has already helped massively but still don't know the thread size, the black bit in the image

DSCN0931_zps3d516350.jpg

DSCN0932_zps9d7c0606.jpg

its the bit from reg to co2 airline, been all over BOC, pneumatic shops Cromwell's, pritec, but nothing yet I finally have the new one but rubbish plastic and hard to get into reg starts cross threading, an 8mm bolt 1.25 starts going in but get tight pretty quick so not that, but want a metal one as the plastic one will snap easily, ghostworld used a fitting to attatch to solenoid which would be fine just need to know thread size

any help would be great
Thanks dean

Cant give you an exact size but it will be a tapered pipe thread maybe bsp or the like

An AN840-4D fitting may do the trick

1/16 npt if its american, 1/16 bsp if its european. I have a feeling it could be a M8 fine thread, not an M8 coarse like the one you tried, but without seeing it in person I couldn't tell for certain. All i know is its going to be a tricky part to find
I stand corrected:)
As it doesnt seem to have a sealing surface I would assume it relies on deformation of the plastic fitting to seal making a tapered fitting a more likely choice. Have you tried cleaning the threads out? Looks like theyre full of plastic. Also the new fitting may not be cross threading as it may have partially formed threads to fit tight.

It's only plastic so don't want to tighten with spanner as will easily cross, the co2 supermarket fitting is too large mate ghost work has solenoid straight into it but its a dupla one so maybe the same, need a fitting ASAP if it could help I could post the new fitting to someone to see if you can get anything as I have tried everywhere round mine 2 times lol with old an new fitting and no one has anything that size, also tried cleaning threads with screwdriver but no tap and die set, lads at work have tap and die sets so going to ask to borrow one see if can find anything but they are mostly metric

Thanks for help so far dean

Thanks Dean

Another option is to buy a few different ones it could be from eBay and hope I got lucky lol

Thanks Dean

I'll have a look at work for you but I'm not back in till Tuesday. I'll check my own stash aswell I may have some thing.
If it is tapered or has partially formed threads you'll find you need a spanner after a few turns, my main concern would be overtightening

I'll have a look at work for you but I'm not back in till Tuesday. I'll check my own stash aswell I may have some thing.
If it is tapered or has partially formed threads you'll find you need a spanner after a few turns, my main concern would be overtightening
that's very generous Ollie and that would be great so thank you very much, anything that doesn't fit I will send back, wont over tighten just give it a nip, the threads on the new one don't look tapered but will try anything

thanks dean

ok been to help work mate today remove landrover mk 2 cylinder head off and borrowed his thread pitch tool and looks like it is 8mm fine thread 1.0 so I need a 8mm with 1.0 thread to 4mm barb fitting :confused: any help at all finding on of these would be greatly appreciated, least I now know the thread and size

Thanks dean

hose is only 4mm internal diameter you think will be able to force over 6mm?

Thanks so much for looking for me mate

also is the one in the link the 6mm one ? or a better fit

Thanks dean

It will go. I had to do it on mine. Boiling water and brute force did the trick and as tim says it wont come off again.

it is apart from stupid plastic bit :mad: couldn't believe suck a solid reg with that fitting, ghost world has exactly same problem he said his snapped but apart from that seems good

Dean

Reactions: tim
Id be tempted to go for the 6mm if not then this is the closest I can find

TAIL CONNECTOR EXT THREAD M8 | S.31291 | Malpasonline.co.uk

is the link the 6mm one mate ? if so will get ordered and see of can make it fit

Thanks dean

Back