• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Drop checkers

Carpman

Bit of a newbie question.
I've just got and using 4dkh for the first time. Mixture instructions were 1.5ml 4dkh and 3 drops reagent. Is there a way to check/verify it's working properly?

Quick tip you can use api ph test kit the blue one as a drops reagent too. And to see if it works just use your breath. Breath out on the drop checker till you see colour change this might take upto 30 seconds.

Quick tip you can use api ph test kit the blue one as a drops reagent too. And to see if it works just use your breath. Breath out on the drop checker till you see colour change this might take upto 30 seconds.

I second this - I use the PH test liquid in my drop checker.

You could just hold the drop checker above the co2 diffuser for a second and watch it change... Will save you breathing on it and potentially contaminating the fluid.

Is there any reason why you're not going straight in to adding gas to the tank and waiting for the dc to turn naturally?

Back