• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Drop checker solution still green in the morning

Zhekus

Hello.

I have CO2 on from 13:00 to 21:00. Drop checker solution shows green, but in the morning it is light green colour. Shouldn’t it be blueish?

Depends on the gaseous exchange on the surface whether your CO2-levels will get back to "normal" before it turns on again. You could try aerating your tank at night, either by raising the outflow to increase surface movement or add an airstone.

+1 for raising filter return. I like to run my tank with a high surface movement. I use more Co2 but I know there is good gas exchange at all times. Means my O2 levels are kept high
Thank you.
The only thing is that this really seems to increase evaporation… tank is only 30L

Shouldn’t it be blueish?
It doesn't have to return to blue, mine goes from a lime green during the day, to a dark green just before the gas comes on the following day. It just means there's still some residual co2 in the water that hasn't been off gassed in the night.

The important colour you need to worry about is yellow, that's the one that could cause livestock issues.

Cheers.

It doesn't have to return to blue, mine goes from a lime green during the day, to a dark green just before the gas comes on the following day. It just means there's still some residual co2 in the water that hasn't been off gassed in the night.

The important colour you need to worry about is yellow, that's the one that could cause livestock issues.

Cheers.
Thank you

Back