• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Drop Checker Colour

A

Anonymous

Are you using a cal aqua drop checker by chance, with supplied fluid? The cal aqua stuff changes colour quick but is impossible to read in the water. Due mainly to the weak insipid colour of the mixture, had no end of trouble trying to read mine. (might be my eyes though!) Take it out of the tank, if its yellow then too much. Mine looks dark green against white background when its actually yellow out of water. I know its too much cos unfortunately I have lost live stock because of this.

Hi

When you say - lights full on could you advise the type of tubes you are using, the amount of lighting you are using and for how long these lights are on for. As for your dc solution - I would say its faulty as it should not be turning white or clear. There are several forum members who are using this solution for their DC and experincing the same issues that you are having.

Regards
Paul.

skeletonw00t said:
The lights are 2 T8 tubes - 25 watts each. On for 6 hours a day

With reference to the above - this is not the problem, as for the Co2 levels I would firstly buy some new solution for your dc before increasing the co2 levels within the water column, the TGM sell 4dkh solution - I use this and have never encounted any issues and I have some Cal aqua all in one solution, I perfer the later as it changes colour very quickly. As for checking the colouration it is advisable to remove the dc and place infront of a piece of water paper, for some unknown reason the tank water distorts the actual colour of the Dc.

Regards
Paul.

Back