• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dreaded Dragonfly Nymph

Scorchiolee666

Seedling
Hello

Not sure is this is the right area to post about this

So I am a newcomer to the hobby, starting with a small 30 litre tank, I have small fish, some Ottos and some Shrimp in a planted environment

So recently I saw something which was probably just slightly smaller then my shrimp and it was at front of the tank ( which is where the sand is ) and that's how I noticed it , it looked like a bug of some sort, anyway I took some pictures on the Camera as close up as I could get and then started searching online to see if I could find out more about what it is. Unfortunately it looked very similar to the Dragonfly Nymph, after looking on Youtube, it confirmed that's what it is and the damage it can do if it starts getting bigger, so wanted advice on what I should do ? If I see it again as this is the first time I have seen it then will try and catch it in either a net or the turkey baster I have for cleaning the sand but any advice would be appreciated as if I don't get rid of this pest I could end up with no fish or shrimp or anything in the tank!

Has anyone else had this problem and what measures should I take to get rid of this pest

Yes, catch it out with a net and rehome it in a local pond or lake. If you've bought any plants in the last couple of months it probably came in with those.

Back